Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sugar Cookies

A couple of days before Christmas, we made sugar cookies. I have a few issues with sugar cookies and children. Well, just one issue. It's an all-day affair. By the time you make the dough, cool it in the fridge, roll them, cut them, bake them, frost them, and decorate them; then factor in how many times you must wash the little hands of children during the whole process, you better plan on sugar cookies being dinner because dinner is not getting made. But it is worth it because there are few things that make my kids happier than making sugar cookies. Here are the three kids who's jobs were to roll, cut, frost and decorate. Check. Check. Check. And check.


This fourth child's job was to look cute. Check. Then take a nap while we busted out the frosting and sprinkles. Check, check.

See how far I've come in the blogging world? I have not yet remembered to rotate the pictures before I up-load them.

This year, instead of making a bunch of different colors of frosting, I just made white frosting, and then handed them a bunch of different colored sprinkles and let them go at it. They loved that because no matter what color the frosting is, it just gets completely covered with sprinkles anyway.


Here is the darkest part before the dawn.



And here is the dawn. (Un-rotated. Sorry.)



And this year I found the secret to the sugar cookie process. I only made half of the recipe. Score! They didn't get bored before the end and we now only have half as many cookies to add to my thighs. Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment