Wednesday, September 22, 2010

And they were quiet


I was home in the morning with my two little kids and while I was minding my own business folding laundry the house got real quiet. Now, I've been a Mom for 8 years now and you would think I knew better. But there I was, ENJOYING IT. I walked past my "craft" room that had the door closed and I heard little voices. I won't lie, I kept walking so as not to disturb the blissful silence. A moment later my almost four year old little girl came up the stairs with a mouth full of slobbery marshmallows. (Leftover from a summer filled with s'mores.) Upon closer inspection I found freshly painted fingernails. It was then that she informed me that she had painted her little brothers as well. The little brother is almost two. I bet that went well. Here is just a friendly reminder for you: Little kids + silence = mischief. But sometimes the silence is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment